Selling Automation to Ops

• Charles Kincaid (2/10/2015)

Gary I think the process that you are referring to is called "dog fooding". It refers to eating your own dog food. I had some deep experience with that at the company that wrote software for dentists. We managed to find a way to use almost the entire suite to support the support efforts.

I think I know what you mean Charles but my understanding is dog fooding is where you use what you develop e.g. the Visual Studio team start using versions of the release that they are working on to develop it as soon as they can. ??

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• Actually it is more like this: Developers of word processing software should write the documentation in their own word processor.

For each practice we supported we put them in as a "responsible part" and the folks that worked at the practice went in as a "patient". Instead of "procedure codes" we had "indecent codes". When as support call came in we entered a "charge" against the reporting person. When an incident was solved we put in a "payment". Now my A/R reports shows me whos in trouble, how bad it is, and how long incident are open.

We put in upgrade activities as procedures. Procedures have both a dollar amount for severity and a time factor. We then could put needed upgrades in as a "treatment plan". My unscheduled plan report now shows who we need to call to set up a time to do the work. We would then book the planned activities using our appointment scheduler.

When we were working on a practice we would use our patient check in/check out feature. One of the screens showed who was checked in and what was happening. We put that screen on a huge monitor and now management could see at a glance what was happening

ATBCharles Kincaid

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply