Select Last Dates on each job

• This is the query I am using that i would like to change to get the last date for each day:-

SELECT dbo.JobActual.TitleID,

dbo.JobActual.LocationID, dbo.JobActual.Pagination,

dbo.JobPlan.IssueDate,

dbo.JobActualComment.Comments,

dbo.JobPlanEdition.PressStart,

dbo.JobPlanEdition.PressLift,

dbo.JobPlan.TargetWastePercentage, dbo.Title.Title, dbo.JobPlan.JobPlanName,

dbo.JobPlan.TargetStartupWaste,

dbo.JobActual.OverrunWaste,

dbo.Location.Location,

dbo.GetJobActualTotalCopies(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID) - dbo.GetJobActualPrintOrder(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID) AS PrintWaste,

dbo.GetJobActualPrintOrder(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID) as PrintOrder,

(dbo.GetJobActualTotalCopies(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID) - dbo.GetJobActualPrintOrder(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID)) as PrintedWaste,

dbo.GetJobActualWebBreakDowntime(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID) as WebBreaks,

dbo.GetJobActualPlateWaiting(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID) as PlateWaiting,

dbo.GetJobActualTotalFullDowntime(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID) as ActualDowntime,

dbo.GetJobActualTotalDowntime(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID) as UnschedDowntime,

CAST((convert(decimal(15, 2),(dbo.GetJobActualTotalCopies(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID) -

dbo.GetJobActualPrintOrder(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID)))

/ nullif(dbo.GetJobActualPrintOrder(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID),0) )as decimal(9,3)) as PrintedWastePercent

FROM dbo.JobActual

--left JOINselect max(PressStart) from dbo.JobPlanEdition

INNER JOINdbo.JobPlanEdition ON dbo.JobPlanEdition.JobPlanID = dbo.JobActual.JobPlanID

LEFT JOINdbo.JobActualComment ON dbo.JobActualComment.JobActualID = dbo.JobActual.JobActualID

INNER JOINdbo.JobPlan ON dbo.JobActual.JobPlanID = dbo.JobPlan.JobPlanID

INNER JOINdbo.Title ON dbo.JobPlan.TitleID = dbo.Title.TitleID

INNER JOINdbo.Location ON dbo.JobActual.LocationID = dbo.Location.LocationID AND dbo.JobPlan.LocationID = dbo.Location.LocationID

where

dbo.JobActual.LocationID =6

and

dbo.JobActual.TitleID=1489

and (dbo.JobPlan.[IssueDate] >= '10 October 2008'

and dbo.JobPlan.[IssueDate] <= '13 October 2008')

order by

dbo.JobPlan.[IssueDate] ,dbo.JobActual.LocationID

But the field PressStart is a date filed and this is bringing back all the jobs of the date but ideally I would only like to return three rows one for each date 10th,11th and 12th of Oct '08. And the lax date for each particular date.

I am sorry if this is a bit vague but I can probably show you more on a private email if anyone is really keen and kind to help.

Thanks in advance.

• Best Practice for forum code

SELECT dbo.JobActual.TitleID,

dbo.JobActual.LocationID, dbo.JobActual.Pagination,

dbo.JobPlan.IssueDate,

dbo.JobActualComment.Comments,

dbo.JobPlanEdition.PressStart,

dbo.JobPlanEdition.PressLift,

dbo.JobPlan.TargetWastePercentage, dbo.Title.Title, dbo.JobPlan.JobPlanName,

dbo.JobPlan.TargetStartupWaste,

dbo.JobActual.OverrunWaste,

dbo.Location.Location,

dbo.GetJobActualTotalCopies(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID) - dbo.GetJobActualPrintOrder(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID) AS PrintWaste,

dbo.GetJobActualPrintOrder(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID) AS PrintOrder,

(dbo.GetJobActualTotalCopies(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID) - dbo.GetJobActualPrintOrder(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID)) AS PrintedWaste,

dbo.GetJobActualWebBreakDowntime(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID) AS WebBreaks,

dbo.GetJobActualPlateWaiting(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID) AS PlateWaiting,

dbo.GetJobActualTotalFullDowntime(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID) AS ActualDowntime,

dbo.GetJobActualTotalDowntime(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID) AS UnschedDowntime,

CAST((CONVERT(DECIMAL(15, 2),(dbo.GetJobActualTotalCopies(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID) -

dbo.GetJobActualPrintOrder(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID)))

/ NULLIF(dbo.GetJobActualPrintOrder(dbo.JobActual.JobActualID),0) )AS DECIMAL(9,3)) AS PrintedWastePercent

FROM dbo.JobActual

--left JOIN select max(PressStart) from dbo.JobPlanEdition

INNER JOIN dbo.JobPlanEdition ON dbo.JobPlanEdition.JobPlanID = dbo.JobActual.JobPlanID

LEFT JOIN dbo.JobActualComment ON dbo.JobActualComment.JobActualID = dbo.JobActual.JobActualID

INNER JOIN dbo.JobPlan ON dbo.JobActual.JobPlanID = dbo.JobPlan.JobPlanID

INNER JOIN dbo.Title ON dbo.JobPlan.TitleID = dbo.Title.TitleID

INNER JOIN dbo.Location ON dbo.JobActual.LocationID = dbo.Location.LocationID AND dbo.JobPlan.LocationID = dbo.Location.LocationID

WHERE

dbo.JobActual.LocationID =6

AND

dbo.JobActual.TitleID=1489

AND (dbo.JobPlan.[IssueDate] >= '10 October 2008'

AND dbo.JobPlan.[IssueDate] <= '13 October 2008')

ORDER BY

dbo.JobPlan.[IssueDate] ,dbo.JobActual.LocationID

I didn't look in detail, but if you want the "newest/latest/last" date, usually you do

1. either group by, then

add in the where clause

WHERE [date] = (SELECT MAX([date] FROM ....)

2. use ROW_NUMBER order by [date] desc in the subquery, then select row = 1

SQLServerNewbieMCITP: Database Administrator SQL Server 2005
  • Select max date option only gives me one line. I am looking for three rows one for each date between the 10th and 13th or whatever dates will be input.

I couldn't find a good example of the row_number to apply to my sql.

Each record has between 10 and 20 different date/times and I am trying to cpature just the latest date.

• A data sample ( real or fictional) would help to understand the problem and therefore solve the problem

• See the link in my signature for an example of how to post sample data / table structure on the forum.

Seth Phelabaum

Consistency is only a virtue if you're not a screwup. 😉

Links: How to Post Sample Data[/url] :: Running Totals[/url] :: Tally Table[/url] :: Cross Tabs/Pivots[/url] :: String Concatenation[/url]

• Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help. I guess my initial explanation didn't really explain it so here goes with some date example:-

col=ID===Pagin=====IssueDate=============PressStart===

1=1489==56==2008-10-10 00:00:00.00======2008-10-10 10:06:00.00

2=1489==56==2008-10-10 00:00:00.00======2008-10-10 10:20:00.00

3=1489==56==2008-10-10 00:00:00.00======2008-10-10 11:40:00.00

4=1489==70==2008-11-11 00:00:00.00======2008-10-11 12:05:00.00

5=1489==70==2008-11-11 00:00:00.00======2008-10-11 13:10:00.00

6=1489==70==2008-11-11 00:00:00.00======2008-10-11 16:30:00.00

I have two days data in the table based on Issue date. I may have more then two days in normal cases but just for example here is two days. I would like to in this case capture the two latest rows based on PressStart column. So my query should capture columns(col) 3 and column 6 for the two IssueDates. The col column is just for clarity in explanation. Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply