Security account for log shipping in cluster environment

• We need to set up a log shipping for SQL-2005 SP3 instance in clustered environment to DR server. The cluster and DR are in absolutely different domains that don’t know about each other.

My question is what account I should use to set up the log shipping? I cannot use local SQL Agent service account because the cluster is running under domain account (and my understanding is that it must be under domain, no other choice). On the other hand the DR doesn't recognize this domain. So what is the solution to this?

Thank you all in advance.

• alark (11/4/2011)

We need to set up a log shipping for SQL-2005 SP3 instance in clustered environment to DR server. The cluster and DR are in absolutely different domains that don’t know about each other.

My question is what account I should use to set up the log shipping? I cannot use local SQL Agent service account because the cluster is running under domain account (and my understanding is that it must be under domain, no other choice). On the other hand the DR doesn't recognize this domain. So what is the solution to this?

Thank you all in advance.

is the DR system a cluster too or a stand alone instance?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• The DR is stand alone server

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply