Searching entire Database

• Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question that I was hoping to get some feedback on. I am currently requesting a search field in our new application which is a front end sat on SQL.

I would like the ability to search the entire site for information, for example search "Smith" and the search to display all names (table1), addresses (table2), accounts (table3) etc from the database on its page. I was also hoping it'll be able to search many fields within many tables at the same time.

I was wondering if this is possible.... I'm not the designer, just requesting requirements but been told there is no way of doing this and the user performing the search would need to select the table first and can only search within it.

Can anyone suggest back to me other possibilities?

Many thanks,

Scott

• Thank you for the links 🙂 will these sort of statements be able to cope with instances with many databases, 100's... each one containing information of over 1000 people? There could be multiple people carrying out a search at any time and also other work happening in the database.

The users themselves will be using a web end to type into a search box, then see the results on a page.

Scott

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply