Scripting server & database level permissions in SQL 2005

• Hi. Does anyone know if there is a way to script all the server-level login permissions as well as all the database-level users and application roles, and any relationship between them?

I am able to script out all the object-level permissions without a problem, but I would like a way to automate scripting out all other essential permissions. I've looked around for articles but am having a hard time finding a way to do it in an automated fashion. I have stumbled across a couple things, but it seems like I still need to execute the script per login/user/role.

Thanks for any help!

• Vicki

You should always check out scripts section 🙂

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/Security/71562/

Alex S
  • Perhaps I am missing something, but this seems to handle everything on the database level. I am looking for server-level scripting as well.

• Vicki Peters (6/27/2011)

Perhaps I am missing something, but this seems to handle everything on the database level. I am looking for server-level scripting as well.

you can find the script to create these roles inside the "u_tables.sql" file.

On a default instance this file is located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Install folder

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply