script error

• Hi all ,

we are facing some performance issues while uploading files into SQL.End users are getting continuously error for so many applications.

error:-

Error Type:

Active Server Pages, ASP 0113 (0x80004005) The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

if we try to upload files in b/w 2:30 pm to 6 :30 pm.It'll be fast.

Applications are running very slow after 6:30 pm to next day 2:30 pm.I am facing problem from last one month.i am unable to slove the issue

please advice me.

• Do you have a maintenance plan that check and backup the databases, rebuild indexes etc?

Do you have any blocking transactions ( use sp_who2 to look for blocking SPID in the column blkby)?

Can you give us a little bit more information about the issue and your environment?

/Håkan Winther

Senior Development DBA

/Håkan Winther
    MCITP:Database Developer 2008
    MCTS: SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance
    MCSE: Data Platform

• Hi,

As Hakan stated before,

Check all running jobs through that time period. To me it also sounds like BACKUPS or INDEX REBUILDS.

If you can find anything running during that time, then ask your system administrator if he is running backups during that period.

This might not be system related either, could be network, downloads happening over that time period as well?

Hope this helps

Regards

Stephen

• srimkumarp (2/17/2009)

Applications are running very slow after 6:30 pm to next day 2:30 pm.

you should check whats happening within your server within this time?

As advised first I would start with any custom designed jobs?

and after that I would go to check any system bottlenecks.

cheers

• thanks for ur reply,

Daily full backup-8 clk night and two transactional logs-10 am and 5 pm.

we have separate server for backup-HP data protector . daily i am viewing the results of sp_who2,sql profiler and system monitor.i never observed blocking.i have one doubt same application and same queries are running through out the day.

why only 2:30 to 6:30 pm it'll be working fine after that all applications are running slow. NO jobs and schedules are running in both application and sql server 2005.

• srimkumarp (2/18/2009)

thanks for ur reply,

daily i am viewing the results of sp_who2,sql profiler and system monitor.i never observed blocking.

While observing did you notice any network bottlenecks?

• from network point of view i have just ping the both servers.

appliction server some times it reaches 15 ms other than normal.

• srimkumarp (2/18/2009)

from network point of view i have just ping the both servers.

appliction server some times it reaches 15 ms other than normal.

how about the User connections at those times?

• the max total no of connections 387 using sp_who2.

• srimkumarp (2/18/2009)

the max total no of connections 387 using sp_who2.

No you have to monitor for 24 hours as a counter value SQL Server:General Statistics:User Connections for continuous periods of 10 minutes or more and see whether the User connections exceeds 255 or more than that. If it exceeds you will have a bottleneck.

• one day i monitored the same max no of user connection using performance conunter is

313 @ 1:13 pm

282 @ 3:32 pm

Even early morning only 120 connection are there that time i was tried application ran slow.

• hi all,

can any one please suggest where i need to check the issue

• srimkumarp (2/18/2009)

one day i monitored the same max no of user connection using performance conunter is

313 @ 1:13 pm

282 @ 3:32 pm

Even early morning only 120 connection are there that time i was tried application ran slow.

What are your SQL server configurations?

How many number of CPU's have you got in your box?

Did you also monitor the memory usage at those particular timings. Can you post all your counter values readings? If not just post the ones which you think are unusual ?

Can you check and see what value Maximum worker threads been set to?

Thanks,

• thanks for reply krishna,

yesterday night we restarted the system. Automatically all applications back to normal now.

• srimkumarp (2/19/2009)

thanks for reply krishna,

yesterday night we restarted the system. Automatically all applications back to normal now.

That's good! But that's an interim solution it's not a permanent fix. You might have the same issue in the future as well. So, keep an eye on it;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply