Scheduling DTS Problem

• Hi Guys, I'm running SQL SERVER STANDERD and i'm trying to schedule dts packages, but with no luck. Everytime i schedule it and go back to schedule the package again, the settings has been reset. What to do?

• When you refer to scheduling the DTS package a 2nd time are you going to the DTS package itself or going to the Management > SQL Server Agent > Jobs?  The DTS package itself doesn't store schedule information.  If the job keeps changing I am out of information...

Good Hunting!

AJ Ahrens

webmaster@kritter.net

• if you right click on the package and select 'schedule package', THAT doesn't work.

I saw on SQL HELP how to run a dts through a JOB, but that doesn't work either.

n.h.u

• hmm.

Research DTSRunUI and copy paste that string into a SQL job using Command as the language...

Perplexing

Good Hunting!

AJ Ahrens

webmaster@kritter.net

• I've noticed that at times, if I right-click on the DTS package and choose "Schedule", I have to hit the refresh button after I navigate to the Jobs section to be able to see the newly created job.

Just a thought.

• You should be able to schedule a DTS package in a SQL Server Agent job w/ below syntax.

Set the Type to operating system command

dtsrun /S servername /E /N packagename

• When you right click on the package and schedule it that way >>> the system creates a job that runs the package. If you do it again you won't see the schedule you just created because there is no refrence to the job created before. You can control the package schedule from the created job.

It took me a while to figure this one out.

Good Luck

Don't count what you do, do what counts.

SQL Draggon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply