Scheduling DTS

• I have scheduled some DTSs, but now i need that some users(NT autenticated users) to manage this Jobs (this management is made from other application then MMC, from where i can start and stop the jobs).

How to do it? This users just have permissions to read and write data into some databases.

Do i need to create a connection with Sql Server authentication into Sql Server Agent?

thanks

• I do not think the user needs any specific security rights to run the package, unless you have specified a package password. He just has to have access to the server (valid login).

However, the package will run in the security context of the application issueing the command (when NT Authentication is used), so the NT user has to have sufficient rights on all database objects referenced in the package. (And any other stuff like the filesystem in the package.)

• I don't want to run the package, but run the job that i scheduled for the package. When i try to do it for this users they could not see the jobs on the server (is like the job doesn't exist for them.

thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply