Same stored procedure used for 6 subreports

• I was wondering if anyone knew how to address the slowness I have with one main report that is using 3 subreports, all using the same stored procedure but each only using one sp parameter different than the other 2. The subreports are based off of the same stored procedure, which asks for 6 variables. Each of the 3 subreports is passing 5 out of 6 of the same parameters as the other ones. Only 1 parameter is different on each of them.

As it stands, the report takes quite some time to run. I believe it's not the most efficient practice to have the same stored procedure firing off multiple times, with just 1 parameter different. It seems redundant. Is there any way to optimize this process?

• You might consider dropping your subreports and just adding additional tablix to your report. Once you have done that you can revise your SP to return the data needed for all sections of the report. Then add a filter to each tablix to limit the dataset to the desired results for that section.

• Thank you Daniel, this is what I ultimately decided on doing. I am just trying to decide on how I want the tablixes to filter the data. Not sure if I should use IIF booleans in the cells themselves, or by setting the conditions under the 'Filters' node of the tablix properties.

• Filtering the tablix rather than the individual text boxes will probably be less work. It is what I typically do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply