sa user access linked to dbo user on all database including system databases - how to fix?

• Hi

This was done by some idiot and I need to fix this. i have used database alter authorisation, then it just transfers it to another sysadmin account I selected. How do I resolve this?

In addition you cannot do the alter authorisation on master model and tempdb. What is the effect of this and is there a fix for this?

• The sa account would link to the dbo user. the sa is the System administrator, and has the highest privileges available on the server. Part of that means that it is also permission of a dbowner (dbo) on every database, thus, when using a database the User will appear as dbo. It wasn't "done by some idiot", that's the set up.

Much like when I'm on my sandbox server, I have sysadmin rights on it, so if I run SELECT CURRENT_USER, the returned value would be dbo, regardless of the database I'm connected to; even though if I'm logged in as the login [domain/Thom].

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thanks, was it like this on previous versions as well? Can't remember seeing it

• I know it's been that way since at least SQL Server 2000.  I haven't worked with any version before that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply