sa password reset automatically

• Hi,

I am running SQL express 2012 on Win 2008 R2 64 bit server, from past few days I am observing my sa password is getting reset automatically, I had remove enforce password policy, but still its resetting sa password, later I had run profiler on security Audit and I found ISQL-32 is the program which is resetting password, I am not running any program called ISQL-32 and what is ISQL-32? And how do i resolve this. Even same problem I am facing with another server which is windows server 2012 and SQL 2012 Express. Can some one help how do I resolve this.

• sandy-833685 (6/28/2014)

Hi,

I am running SQL express 2012 on Win 2008 R2 64 bit server, from past few days I am observing my sa password is getting reset automatically, I had remove enforce password policy, but still its resetting sa password, later I had run profiler on security Audit and I found ISQL-32 is the program which is resetting password, I am not running any program called ISQL-32 and what is ISQL-32? And how do i resolve this. Even same problem I am facing with another server which is windows server 2012 and SQL 2012 Express. Can some one help how do I resolve this.

ISQL-32 sounds like the old ISQL.exe 32 bit program which was similar to what SQLCmd is now. If you're not the one running it, you need to find out who or what is. I don't mean to alarm you but it sounds like you might have been hacked or pranked.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply