Run 64 bit SSIS package from sql job agent

• Hello Friends,

I want to run the 64 bit SSIS package from the SQL job agent. I understand I need to select 'Operating System (CmdExec)' as the Job 'Type'. Does anyone know what is the syntax to enter in the Command line in the Job Step properties ?

Many thanks,

Paul

• pwalter83 (10/5/2010)

Hello Friends,

I want to run the 64 bit SSIS package from the SQL job agent. I understand I need to select 'Operating System (CmdExec)' as the Job 'Type'. Does anyone know what is the syntax to enter in the Command line in the Job Step properties ?

Many thanks,

Paul

You could do that, but why not pick: SQL Server Integration Services Package, if that's what you're trying to run?

Take a look at DTExecUI for generating the command line text for you. You do not need this if you use "SQL Server Integration Services Package" instead.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• pwalter83 (10/5/2010)

Hello Friends,

Many thanks,

Paul

Paul,

By default the package will execute with the 64bit runtime when using 'SQL Server Integration Services Package' job step type. The use of CmdExec is only required if you want to execute your package in 32bit mode.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply