RS Web Site and Application Pool plus Sharepoint

• Hi, I have a complicated situation. I have a box with Win 2K3. The box have Sharepoint 2003 installed on it. For now I have finally figured out how to install both side by side on the same server to make both work. But after my installation, I find out the Report Manager and Report Server are both under the Default Web Site. I want them to be under their own web site (example with the name: ReportServer Web Site) and their own corresponding Application Pool (example with the name: ReportServerAppPool). Can any one help me with this type of configuration? Providing me with a step by step instructions with be well appreciated or even any resource on this type of configuration will be nice. Thanks in advance.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Have you tried just creating the site, creating two new virtual directories (Reports and ReportManager) and point them to the same directories as the existing ones (on the default web) are pointing to.  Changing the App Pool is simple in theory, just create one and then change the vdirs to use this, but you'll need ot get the (User) Identity right as trying to uase an account hat doesn't have enough/correct permissions could cause the app not to work correctly.

Steve.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply