Rights Required to Send Mail with Attachment in SQL Server 2005

• Hi,

Kindly let me know what kind of rights are required to send_mail with attachment in sql server 2005.

SQL Server Login : TEST

Send mail Query:

USE msdb

EXEC sp_send_dbmail

@profile_name='MailProfile',

@recipients='login@gmail.com',

@subject='Test Attachment',

@body='This is a test mail send throguth Database mail. Thanks and Regards...pammu',

@file_attachments='D:\logo.jpg'

Thanks and Regards

pammu:-)

• your user "TEST" needs to also be a user in the msdb database.

that user needs to be in the DatabaseMailUserRole which exists in that database.

something like this is the scripts you'd use:

USE msdb;

Create USER [Test] FOR LOGIN [Test]

EXEC sp_addrolemember N'DatabaseMailUserRole', N'Test'

the attachment must exist on the SQL Server itself and not the end users machine.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Thanks for your quick reply.

mentioned rights given to the user and after executed the send mail query i am getting the below mentioned error. May be it needs some more permissions.

Msg 22051, Level 16, State 1, Line 0

The client connection security context could not be impersonated. Attaching files require an integrated client login.

Thanks and Regards

pammu... 🙂

• pammu (4/3/2012)

Thanks for your quick reply.

mentioned rights given to the user and after executed the send mail query i am getting the below mentioned error. May be it needs some more permissions.

The client connection security context could not be impersonated. Attaching files require an integrated client login.

Thanks and Regards

pammu... 🙂

so your attachment is using a UNC path, right? like \\SomeMachine\c$\Dir\my.pdf?

that requires that the user be a windows user, not a SQL user....or you need ato pass credentials to access the file, like a mapped drive with credentials included.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• No Lowell I am using the Direct server path. One more thing when i gave sysadmin privilege to this user the mail sent successfully but when i changed to limited privileges this will give the above error.

I gave the XP_CMDSHELL execute permission to this user and it will gives the output in query window but when i trying to executing the below send_mail query it gives the above mentioned error.

Query:

USE msdb

EXEC sp_send_dbmail

@profile_name='Mail Profile',

@recipients='mailaccount@gmail.com',

@subject='Test Attachment',

@body='This is a test mail send throguth Database mail. Thanks and Regards...pammu',

@file_attachments='C:\logo.jpg'

error

The client connection security context could not be impersonated. Attaching files require an integrated client login

Thanks and Regards

pammu... 🙂

• for non-sysadins you'll need one more configuration step:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- grant access to the profile to the DBMailUsers role

--- (this is only needed for non-sysadmins)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

exec msdb.dbo.sysmail_add_principalprofile_sp

@principal_name = 'TEST', --> user, group or 'public'

@profile_name = 'MailProfile',

@is_default = 1

go

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply