Rich text

• Is there a way to store rich text in a database field (formatting such as bold, underline, bullets, line breaks, etc) and have that appear in a report?

I have never heard of this, but my client insists on being able to do this.

Please help.

Thanks.

• Yes you could the but the file must be static because you could store Word file in an image column and then add the column into a Rectangle. The other option is to store the Word file in the project and add the file to a image control.

These two options may provide a solution, just remember that the file will be static.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• the only other solution i have used was creating an .NET RTF to HTML converter that you could use in reporting services, so it does a best guess at converting...never got it to handle embedded images, but it did ok with the rest for what i was playing with.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply