Retrospective Password Policy

• I've inherited a instance that supports a few legacy apps. The users have had the same weak passwords for years. CHECK_POLICY is not currently switched on. CHECK_EXPIRATION is out of the question as the app provides no means for users to change their passwords. What will happen if I switch CHECK_POLICY on now? Is there any value in doing so? I'm not clear on this. Will the weak passwords be evaluated at the next logon?

• check policy and check expiration, both are different thing.

Check Policy :- When you will configure the password, it will check the policy that password mentioned is matching the policy or not. The policy example you can take of as the password must have more than 8 character with one capital,numeric and special character.

Check Expiration:- Is the policy to keep reseting the password after mentioned interval.

Both are independent of each other, so if u have enabled check policy then it doent mean that your password will also expire even you havent opted for that. So do with Check expiry enabled and check policy disabled.

----------
    Ashish

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply