Resources for SQL Server security

• Hi guys,

I'm a database developer, but I've been trying to edify myself about aspects of SQL security (specifically I'm interested in learning about Transparent Data Encryption).

I have a book on SQL Server Administration but surprisingly it hardly mentioned TDE at all. There are a few articles I've stumbled across on SSC and some other places, but nothing that does a really good job of explaining it from start to finish.

Does anyone have suggestions on books or blogs devoted to security of SQL Server, again, specifically in regards to TDE.

Executive Junior Cowboy Developer, Esq.[/url]

• Books Online for this is actually pretty good. Its thorough and links to some other useful articles about TDE.

I know this is the 2014 forum but the SQL Server 2012 Security Best Practice Whitepaper is good and talks about TDE.

Other than that I have actually found that SSC is a great resource. Check out:

Stairway to SQL Server Security [/url] specifically, Stairway to SQL Server Security Level 9: Transparent Data Encryption[/url]

TDE and SQL Server Databases[/url] by Perry Whittle

"I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code."

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply