ReportSelection

• Using SSRS is it possible to give a user a choose of subject matter which will produce the report, the users will pick between:

O Report-1

O Report-2

O Report-3

I guess I can have a stored procedure which will show & give them the option or Report1,Report2 & Report3 and then pass what they have pick to another stored proc ?

• kd11 (10/6/2010)

Using SSRS is it possible to give a user a choose of subject matter which will produce the report, the users will pick between:

O Report-1

O Report-2

O Report-3

I guess I can have a stored procedure which will show & give them the option or Report1,Report2 & Report3 and then pass what they have pick to another stored proc ?

If I understand what you are trying to accomplish, then yes it's possible.

I do this very sort of thing with sales reports by region. A user opens the Regional sales report and the parameter they select is region. I pass that to my dataset (stored procedure or SQL query) and I get only those results for the specified region.

If I'm not understanding your questions properly please elaborate. You wrote of Reports 1-3. Are they different reports, or the same report with different criteria (much like the sales region example above)? If they are different reports, with different formats and different data, why not just make 3 separate reports?

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Yes Report1-3 are pretty much the same but as you drill down on each one your will receive different information.

• I think using a tier subreports would suit your purpose. If you need a refresher, check this out - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms160348(SQL.100).aspx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply