Reports with stored procedure

• I have a stored procedure with 6 parameters and that is called in ssrs 2005. I am passing parameters by using report parameters by creating 6 datasets. Now i have a issue i have to club two datasets ie i have to give 2 parameters from one dataset. Please suggest me is this possible? If yes can any one guide me how to do it

Thanks in advance

• I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do, but, I hope this will help.

Since you are using an sp, and the parameters are set up, they are ALL visible and can be used in ALL datasets.

• i got a requriement that i have to pass 2 parameters to stored procedure by using one dataset is that possible?

• Report parameters are global, and thus can be passed back to any stored procedure, as long as the parameter name(s) match the parameter name that the stored procedure is expecting.

Also, if you want to use a field that is passed to a dataset from a stored procedure in another dataset, you can create a parameter and set it equal to that field, and then it is usable throughout all the datasets of the report. Just set the parameter type to the field type, to be hidden or internal, so it doesn't pop up asking the user to enter data, and set its default value to that of the specific field of the specific dataset by choosing default value "get values from query"

Again, you can create as many parameters as you want, and set them equal to any field of any dataset.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply