Reports in Firefox browser issue(Design and Print button issue)

• Hi

I developed a report which is looking good in IE and the same report while viewing in firefox it is not good. Report appears only in half of the screen and scroll bar appears for remaining.

And the main thing is print button not appears in Firefox.

Kindly look into attached image.

kindly help me to solve this issue

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please feel free to let me know if you are not clear or I’ve misunderstood anything.

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• I'm pretty sure this a known problem and design limitation with SSRS. SSRS is basically designed to work with IE and the printing capability uses an ActiveX control that has to be downloaded for printing and will only work with IE. IMO, your best bet if you are using any browser other than IE is to export to PDF.

Someone else may have a better answer.

• Thanks Jack

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please feel free to let me know if you are not clear or I’ve misunderstood anything.

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• This link will help you around the issues

http://forums.asp.net/p/1135437/1940011.aspx#1940011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• Thanks Silver. That link is really useful for me. Do u have any idea how to make the print button visible in firefox.

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• Hi,

I solved my design issue using the below code. But print button is not visible in Firefox.

<RS:ReportViewerHost style="display:table; margin: 0px; overflow: auto" ID="ReportViewerControl" runat="server" />

Can u please help me to solve this issue?

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• From MSDN someplace:

The ReportViewer Web server control, when used with server reports, provides an ActiveX print control that you can use instead of browser print functionality.

Since Firefox is not going to run ActiveX controls on its own you'll either have to do without or giev FF a boost. Maybe a plugin like IETab will get it to work?

[font="Arial"]Are you lost daddy? I asked tenderly.
    Shut up he explained.
    [/font]
    - Ring Lardner

• Thanks Cris

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply