Reports accessible by group or user

• Hi,

I am often asked to add a new user to reporting services with access to the same reports as an existing user. is there a way of viewing which reports a specific user is able to view and to then add a new user with the same priviledges??

• well we have something written into Microsoft access where you can add users and select group etc. you can think something like that if you working for big organization.

• Thanks for the reply, I think that maybe I did not explain what I am trying to achieve very clearly.

Within reporting services we have a suite of reports, these are located in folders dependent upon the content of the report and the indended audience.

The users are given access to a folder or folders and the reports within the folders.

What I a am trying to achieve is to be able to add a new user to reporting services with access to folders and reports based upon those held by an existing user. Or to view the folder and reports accessible by a specific user.

I suspect that this information is contained in the report server database.

• On the ReportServer database which is accompanies any installation of SSRS, there is a handy stored procedure:

use reportserver

go

exec GetPolicy @ItemName=N'/rootpath/ReportName', @AuthType=1

It will return then an XML in a column [XML description].

Node GroupUserName will contain names of users assigned to a particular report.

• I have managed to get the informatio I need by using

select

u.username

,case

c.type

when 1 then 'Folder'

when 2 then 'Report'

when 3 then 'Graphic/Data'

when 4 then 'Linked Report'

when 5 then 'Data Source'

else convert(varchar(5), c.type)

end

, c.path, c.name from

policyuserrole pur

join users u

on pur.userid = u.userid

join catalog c

on pur.policyid = c.policyid

where u.username = 'rogsav'

and c.hidden = 0

order by c.path,c.name

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply