Reporting Services Error - Print Button does not work.

• When my clients click on the print icon. The following occurs.

"Unable to load print control" Why is this happening?

• I had the exact same problem, it is caused by an update to ActiveX killbits pushed out thorugh windows update. To undertand the issue and fix it follow the instructions here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/brianhartman/archive/2008/11/05/client-print-fails-to-load-after-microsoft-update-956391.aspx

Basicaly just need to upgrade the print control on the report server. As an FYI, since fixing this problem I noticed I can no longer print or export to PDf any reports than contain charts. If you notice this as well please post so I can confirm it was cuased by the fix to the other problem.

Ben

• At my organization, we installed teh RSClientPrintSetup utility on each PC. He had to deploy this as an MSI because users couldn't install it themselves, due to lack of user privileges.

• I'm wrestling with this one right now. While it seemed strightforward enough to run the MS SQL 2005 Security Update SP2 on the report server to fix - we have the misfortune to have had an earlier issue related to that SP which caused us to uninstall it a couple months ago, and now when trying to reinstall it fails every time.

I understand there are some workarounds for making changes to each client but that seems so kludgy when a proper server update eliminates the root cause. Time to call MS about the update install error I suppose.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply