Reporting Services 2008

• Hello,

I am having an issue while configuring Reporting Services 2008. The error I'm getting when connecting to the report manager via IE is:

The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. (rsReportServerDatabaseUnavailable) Get Online Help A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

If I turn off Windows Firewall, it works fine. I have TCP Port 80 opended on my firewall, but once I turn windows firewall back on I get the same error. Any ideas?

• SQL database goes through default TCP port 1433 (unless your SQL instance runs on a different port)

Add that to the Windows Firewall and give it a try

SQLServerNewbieMCITP: Database Administrator SQL Server 2005
  • SRS 2008 is configured to point at a remote instance, and the port for that instance is opended on the server where it's hosted..any other ideas?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply