Reporting Services 2000 and SharePoint 3.0

• I had RS 2000 and WSS 2.0 happily running together on a server. I just upgraded to WSS 3.0. Now RS is broken. I can't find any information on how to run RS 2000 and WSS 3.0 on the same box. The only thing I can find is the new RS 200add-in for WSS 3.0 - for which you need a full SQL 2005 license - which I don't have.

I'm pulling my hair out. Am I just missing something? Why is no one else running into this?

Any help would be a life-saver...

Thanks, Megan

• It ended up that I did have a license for SQL 2005 so I installed an instance on the server in question and also installed Reporting Services. I removed the original (RS2000) virtual directories from IIS and renamed the new (RS2005) virtual directories to the old names - so that I could keep my reports url: http:\\servername\reports.

I then had to redeploy all of the reports and reconfigure the security.

It was a lot more work that I planned (and I'm irritated that no where in my sharepoint deployment steps did it warn me about installing on an RS box), but I guess the good thing is that I now have RS2005-compatible reports and new features and that I can now configure the RS addin for sharepoint.

-M

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply