Report Subscriptions

• I am trying to edit and/or create a new report subscription and am getting this error:

Subscription can't be created or edited because the credentials used to run the report are not stored, or if a linked report, the link is no longer valid.

What does this mean????

• maria.lindquist - Wednesday, September 19, 2018 2:12 PM

I am trying to edit and/or create a new report subscription and am getting this error:

Subscription can't be created or edited because the credentials used to run the report are not stored, or if a linked report, the link is no longer valid.

What does this mean????

Usually it means the security for the data source is not using the option "Credentials stored securely in the report server"
    As it says, you need to store the credentials.

Sue

• OK I will check that out as soon as I'm done installing the latest SQL Server Data Tools for another issue I was having with deploying SSIS Packages. It seems like when there is one problem there are several problems. 🙁

• Sue_H - Wednesday, September 19, 2018 2:44 PM

maria.lindquist - Wednesday, September 19, 2018 2:12 PM

I am trying to edit and/or create a new report subscription and am getting this error:

What does this mean????

Usually it means the security for the data source is not using the option "Credentials stored securely in the report server"

Sue

Where do I set that?

• maria.lindquist - Wednesday, September 19, 2018 4:16 PM

Sue_H - Wednesday, September 19, 2018 2:44 PM

What does this mean????

Sue

Where do I set that?

On the data source for the report.

Sue

• Sue_H - Wednesday, September 19, 2018 4:20 PM

maria.lindquist - Wednesday, September 19, 2018 4:16 PM

Sue_H - Wednesday, September 19, 2018 2:44 PM

What does this mean????

Sue

Where do I set that?

On the data source for the report.

Sue

I cannot find this.

• Hi Maria,

Try this.

Go to the properties of your report, then click on 'Data Sources' on the left.  In here, select 'Credentials stored securely in the report server' and supply a username and password.  If you use a Windows account, you have to give the domain as well (domain\user) and check the box for 'Use as Windows credentials when connecting to the data source'.  Hit Apply.

Thanks
    Mark

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply