Report header based on subreport

• Hi,

I have 3 sub reports (sub1, sub2, sub3) being called in MainReport. I need a dynamic MainReport header based on the Subreport being displayed.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE SUBREPORT NAME IN THE HEADER OF THE MainReport.

i cannot have header in the tables and charts that i use in the subreport because my subreport format and tools being used does not help me display the header in each page.. so i nned a dynamic header in the MainReport which will change based on the subreport being displayed

Please help

Thank you...

• Are you rendering all the sub-reports at the same time in the main report or is there something in the parameters or data that determines which sub-report is rendered?

• All the subreports are rendered at once.. Just one ID parameter is being passed.. but it is for the selection of an Account so that all subreports use the same account.. no other parameter is being passed.. and all the subreports are rendered at once.

• My aim is to have a booklet type report.... i have an index with all the index topics as subreports.

now.. the header should have the name of the subreport (which is an index topic, like we have in our books.) and so when the subreport runs it should have its name in the header and when next subreport runs the name should also change.

i cannot use table header because all tables dont run on each page as i have multiple tables in each subreport.

hope this makes sense.

• I don't think that there is a way to do what you want at least not dynamically. Could you use a textbox above each subreport with static text and force a page break after each subreport?

• Thank you for your reply Jack,

I was just working around and I now have parameters to select the subreport to be generated.

so for sub1, sub2, sub3 i have para1, para2, para3 respectively.

so do you have any idea if i can use this parameters in the MainReport heading to be displayed when their respective subreports are being displayed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply