Replication TImeout

• GudPm i manage to creata a replication from one server to another and type of replication i chose is Merge (correct me if im wrong but base on my learning, the merge only add the updates on the publisher to the subscriber am i right??). I am at the stage of creating a snapshot the problem is whenever it passes 1 table (with almost 5 mil. rows 10 minutes running) the agent displays an error (timeout) it happened to me twice and im keep on trying to create the snapshot just to attain the merge replication. What can be the problem in my situation??? does the table size affects the behavior of the snapshot? what could be the reason behind??

"-=Still Learning=-"

Lester Policarpio

• Hi,

If you want the updates on publisher should be replicated to Subscriber, you can use either Snapshot or Transactional Replication (Depending on your requirement). Only if you require the updates on the subscribers end should also be replicated on to Publisher, you can go for Merge Replication. Thats all together a huge subject....

Now, the timeout message could be because of network latency too (May be there are other causes....). Check the query timeout of the Agenet profile. By default it is 300. Increase the value to 900 or 1200 and check....It is always preferable to create a new agent Profile and change the Query Timeout value there and set this new profile to be used instead of changing the default values of the profile.

Renuka__

[font="Verdana"]Renuka__[/font]

• Renuka (10/19/2007)

Hi,

If you want the updates on publisher should be replicated to Subscriber, you can use either Snapshot or Transactional Replication (Depending on your requirement). Only if you require the updates on the subscribers end should also be replicated on to Publisher, you can go for Merge Replication. Thats all together a huge subject....

In my plan i want to replicate two servers in which i will only update the publisher (production server) then replicate the data in the subscriber (another server). As you were saying in this type of scenario the best option for me to do is the snapshot or transaction replication right??. BEcause my superior wants a realtime copy of the production server to another server by means of replication so that any changes made to the production server is automatically replicate to the other server (which we can say as the backup server). And he wants to run the backups,truncate and other jobs in the subscriber so that memory and cpu usage will be reduce in the production server. Does this sounds a good move??

"-=Still Learning=-"

Lester Policarpio

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply