Replication process

• I need to replicate a database where some tables are created dynamically each morning.

The process involves a group of records in a primary table where the accounts stored in this table need to be contacted for discussion of payment status.

These records are selected into different groups (the dynamic tables) based on varying criteria.  These dynamic tables are created each day on the primary server before the workday begins.

Will one of the MS "traditional" replication methods create/replicate these new tables on the secondary server.

• I am guessing that the table names change each day and are dropped when the next days tables are created. You could create a publication dynamically every day to publish these tables and then drop the publication. not elegant but it will work.

You may be better off using DTS.

• Some tables have the same name, but some do not. The count of dynamic tables will also vary each day.

I'm not very familiar with MS replication so must request an explanation of creating a publication dynamically.

We can do DTS if that is more logical, and have considered the Red Gate bundle which seems to have way more capabilities than the MS replication options.  Any details you can provide on any option would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply