Replication between SQL and Access DB

• Hi,

I'm trying to setup a test example of replication between SQL and an Access DB (both located on the same server), and I keep running into issues. I've successfully managed to get a SQL to SQL replication using the same publication, but cannot seem to get the right config for the Access DB.

Is this correct:

a) my subscriber is the SQL Server itself

b) the subscriber database is the name of the linked server (which represent the Access DB) - or should it be defined differently?

Every time I try to run my VB app (utilising the SQLMerge library), it either tells me that it can't connect to that database, or that the database workgroup file is missing.

I'd appreciate any help - this thing is driving me nuts.....

• SQL will usually be the publisher, Access the subscriber. Which version of Access and what type of replication?

Andy

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/

• I'm trying to do merge replication with an Access 97 database.

My problem extends from the fact that I don't quite understand how to setup the Access DB as a subscriber. Do I have to link the Access DB for it to be recognised as a subscriber?

And once I do this, I'm using the SQLMerge ActiveX component to setup the details of the subsriber; however, you have to define the subscriber name, the database/database path and type of transaction properties (pull,push or anonymous).

I currently have configured the Access DB as a linked server. Therefore is the subscriber the computer name, and the database the linked server name?

Documentation on this is not very plentiful.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply