replicate from Exchange server

• I want to replicate a public folder (company contacts) from Exchange Server.  I need to have a read-only table of the contacts (from an Exchange Server) that I will use to continuously update a contacts table in a SQL Server database, (the synchronization will be one way, as I will not need to update the Exchange contacts from the SQL Server contacts table).  Ideally, I would have an identity column and/or timestamp on the Exchange server contacts table.  Also, Access .adp is the front end interface for the SQL server database.  I am new to replication, and the books online / msdn "help" content has been insufficient for me to accomplish this task.  Can anyone provide some specifics on how I would go about accomplishing this task?

• You can't directly replicate any sort of data from Exchange to SQL.

You could probably look at exporting the data from Exchange to a csv file and then create a DTS package to upload the data to SQL Server.

Kindest Regards,

• Currently, I use an Access .mdb with linked tables to contacts folder and the SQL server table, and I simply run an append query to achieve the desired result, but this has some serious limitations, and seems very inefficient.  The two key points I need to address are:

1) How do I define the ADO connection / recordset (in VBA) to return the various fields (first name, last name, company, etc.) from the public contacts folder of interest?

2) How can I create a uniqueidentifier and/or timestamp for the contact “records” in the exchange folder (this seems to be a requisite for keeping the SQL Server table synchronized to the public contacts folder)?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply