Repeat Row Headers for a MATRIX (not Tablix)

• Does anyone know how to repeat the row headers on a matrix? For a tablix, it is relatively easy - show Advanced on the Column Groups, click the Static in the Row Groups, and set the KeepWithGroup/RepeatOnNewPage settings.

With a Matrix, however, there is no static group under the Row Groups or Column Groups (unless you add a vertical TOTAL column).

There are many, many posts and articles on how to repeat the headers for a tablix, but I cannot find anything for doing the same on a matrix.

• (unless you add a vertical TOTAL column)

I've not got a copy of visual studio anywhere near me at the moment to have a dig around, I'm sure I've done this in the past..

Just a thought (and a bit of a hack) but could you add a total column and just hide it from view if its not needed?

Andy

==========================================================================================================================
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. Mitch Ratcliffe

• Even without the total column there is no static header to click on to set the KeepWithGroup/RepeatOnNewPage properties.

When I attempt to set the KeepWithGroup/RepeatOnNewPage for the total column, the report doesn't render ("All TablixMember elements in a TablixColumnHierarchy must have the KeepWithGroup property set to "None" error).

• Sorry, SJ, but that works only for a Tablix, not a Matrix.

Step 3 on the link you provided is this:

3) Select the first Static Property in Row Groups (In your report first row should display column headers)

The issue is, in a Matrix you DO NOT HAVE a static property like you do for a Tablix. This is because the headers are not static, but dynamic.

The magic trick I am looking for is how to repeat the row header on a dynamic group.

• This will be part of the Tablix properties. Set the RepeatColumnHeaders property to True.

• WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

Thank you. It's the property that we all thought was useless with the advent of

Click on the Matrix, right-click on the little box the shows up in the upper left corner of the matrix, and select "Tablix properties...". Check the "Repeat header columns on each page" option and click OK.

Thank you all for participating in this round of "Guess Which Property"!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply