Remote Reporting Services

• Hi

I have a SQL Server 2008 R2 failover cluster installation now I want to install SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services on a remote server.

Do I have to install Reporting Services on both nodes in the cluster and on the remote server and how do I configure the cluster installation to work with the romote Reporting Service?

• I'm not 100% clear on what you are asking. By remote server do you mean a DR standby server?

[font="Comic Sans MS"]The GrumpyOldDBA[/font]
    www.grumpyolddba.co.uk
    http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/grumpyolddba/

• No I meen a remote server, separated from the cluster, with SQL Server installed.

• Install the SSRS components on the remote server, if you want to store the SSRS databases on the cluster then select the clustered instance during the SSRS reporting configuration.

If you want to store the databases on the same server as the SSRS instance then install a database engine instance as well and select this in SSRS reporting configuration

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" ๐Ÿ˜‰

• I want to have my Database Engine on the cluster and Reporting Service on the Remote Server. So I want my application to have the Database Engine on the cluster and work against the remote server for Reporting Service stuff.

Do I have to install reporting Service on both nodes in the cluster and on the remote server and how and where do I configure so my databases in the cluster work against the remote server for Reporting Service stuff?

• Erik Hansson (8/23/2011)

I want to have my Database Engine on the cluster and Reporting Service on the Remote Server. So I want my application to have the Database Engine on the cluster and work against the remote server for Reporting Service stuff.

Do I have to install reporting Service on both nodes in the cluster and on the remote server and how and where do I configure so my databases in the cluster work against the remote server for Reporting Service stuff?

you install the SSRS components on the remote server, when you run the reporting services configuration tool on the remote server you supply the clustered SQL Server instance details for the database storage location

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Thanks for the answer. So I donยดt need to install Reporting Services on the nodes in the cluster and the reporting databases is in the cluster? Correct?

• That is correct.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply