Refesh Database.

• Hello all,

I got email from a developer who asks to refesh database, I don't know what he means.

What I did, I went into database and right click and select refesh, but he said database has not yet refesh. Please help.

Thank you all.

• Could he mean to refresh the data in the database i.e. copy data from a production database?  I'd say you should reply to the email and ask the developer exactly what he wants.

Hope this helps.

Greg

Greg

• Mostly he meant to say restore the database from a backup copy. Please confirm with developer if this what he meant. I guess you are new to DBA role. I will advise before restoring make sure you have a backup of the database.

Kindest Regards,

Amit Lohia

• "Right click", then "refresh" only updates your screen with current information. For example, if someone creates a new table (or stored proc etc..) in a database, Enterprise Manager does not dynamically refresh your screen when the new object is created.  In order to see it on your screen, you must choose "refresh". 

As the others mentioned, you should speak with the developer to find out EXACTLY what needs to be done.  If it involves replacing or refreshing data in some way, be sure you have a good backup of the "before" version in case you need to go back to it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply