Recovering database

• Hi,

I started the refresh of my test database(SQL 2005) with prod using restoration script.I just started restoration script app developer asked me to stop restoration as he made some changes to test which he don't want to loose.When I tried to stop the script database is already in loading stage.I don't have any backups for this database.Could you please let me know how I can recover the database?Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    SR

• sree (2/19/2008)

Hi,

I started the refresh of my test database(SQL 2005) with prod using restoration script.I just started restoration script app developer asked me to stop restoration as he made some changes to test which he don't want to loose.When I tried to stop the script database is already in loading stage.I don't have any backups for this database.Could you please let me know how I can recover the database?Any help is appreciated.

Hello Sree,

I don't think there is a possibility to recover a database which is in inconsistency state or loading state.

Thanks

Lucky

• Lucky is correct. There is basically nothing you can do to recover the datbase now. Sorry for the bad news.

Marvin Dillard
    Senior Consultant
    Claraview Inc

• You have to restore only a copy of the backup which you say that you don't have. better go for the prod copy and restore there.

Cheers,
    Sugeshkumar Rajendran
    SQL Server MVP
    http://sugeshkr.blogspot.com

• Sugesh do u mean taking a copy of production database and restoring it as a Test db. Is'nt he asking about recovering the test db ?

"Keep Trying"

• Some seemingly simple advice (although not useful for you right now): Do AT LEAST a weekly full backup up of your dev/test environments, more often if there are a lot of changes being made to a particular database. Backups of ALL environments, as you have now learned, are critical. I learned the hard way once, years ago. A lesson I'll never forget.

Hopefully the developer asked for the restore!

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• Yes i was meaning to restore the PROD copy. You have no backup of the test DBA and how would you restore to the previous point there is no way.

Cheers,
    Sugeshkumar Rajendran
    SQL Server MVP
    http://sugeshkr.blogspot.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply