Read Only Routing on Azure Machines

• I have a 2 node availability group set up on some azure VMs. As per documentation, I've configured an internal load balancer and created the listener.  I can connect to the listener fine when its running on both nodes.  I've configuring routing list and urls and double checked them.  

This seems the be the only azure specific documentation on read only routing and its basically identical to the typical on prem configuration with the exception of the author using the public endpoint port for his internal load balancer example at the very end. 

I'm at a bit of a loss here as nothing seems to connect to the secondary when using appropriate connection strings or flags.

• Jeff Shurak - Friday, November 3, 2017 1:24 PM

I have a 2 node availability group set up on some azure VMs. As per documentation, I've configured an internal load balancer and created the listener.  I can connect to the listener fine when its running on both nodes.  I've configuring routing list and urls and double checked them.  

This seems the be the only azure specific documentation on read only routing and its basically identical to the typical on prem configuration with the exception of the author using the public endpoint port for his internal load balancer example at the very end. 

I'm at a bit of a loss here as nothing seems to connect to the secondary when using appropriate connection strings or flags.

are the secondarys enabled for readonly or readintent access

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Yeah so......you have to specify a database in the connection string. Did not know. This is working.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply