Raw file source/destination -- dynamic config possible?

• I'm using SSIS RAW files in one application. However, I can't see how to dynamically configure them. There are no Expressions in the RF components that I can see and also not in the data flow properties.

Specifically, I want to be able to configure the file path at run time.

Any idea how to do that?

Gerald Britton, Pluralsight courses

• g.britton (1/22/2016)

I'm using SSIS RAW files in one application. However, I can't see how to dynamically configure them. There are no Expressions in the RF components that I can see and also not in the data flow properties.

Any idea how to do that?

Notice how there is a property of the raw file destination called 'Access Mode'. This can be set to 'File name from variable'. The rest is obvious, I suspect.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin (1/22/2016)

g.britton (1/22/2016)

I'm using SSIS RAW files in one application. However, I can't see how to dynamically configure them. There are no Expressions in the RF components that I can see and also not in the data flow properties.

Any idea how to do that?

Notice how there is a property of the raw file destination called 'Access Mode'. This can be set to 'File name from variable'. The rest is obvious, I suspect.

Yup, that did it! Surprised I missed it. It's a little non-standard I guess (assuming anything is "standard")

Gerald Britton, Pluralsight courses

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply