rapid growth of tempdb

• I read the article form microsoft but i dont understand clearly and i am not sure if i need to apply that hotfix though i have SP2. I dont understand the real problem how sql server reacts diffrently to diffrent logins.

instead of that hotfix can we just upgrade to SP3? I am not sure if i can contact microsoft service, may be i have to give a try.

thanks

• No problem we can get Steve to relocate the topic, if he wishes. Can you please check if see if you have USER token issue?

Could you please run:

select sum(single_pages_kb+multi_pages_kb) 'total memory for tokeperm' from sys.dm_os_memory_clerks where type = 'USERSTORE_TOKENPERM'

Thanks.

[font="Arial"]---

Mohit K. Gupta, MCITP: Database Administrator (2005), My Blog, Twitter: @SQLCAN[/url].
    Microsoft FTE - SQL Server PFE

* Some time its the search that counts, not the finding...
    * I didn't think so, but if I was wrong, I was wrong. I'd rather do something, and make a mistake than be frightened and be doing nothing. :smooooth:[/font]

How to ask for help .. Read Best Practices here[/url].

• from the query you gave i got this result.

but still what is this??

• That value indicates how much of the memory is being used by security tokens alone. In SQL Server unless you are part of sysadmin group there is security tokens used to authenticate users for their actions with in SQL Server. There was an issue where users not part of sysadmin would cause this cache to keep increasing in size thus robbing the resources form SQL Server for other processes.

But I am confused about why it works for you quickly and not the other person?

I'll dig a bit more into it when I get some spare cycles. Thanks.

[font="Arial"]---

Mohit K. Gupta, MCITP: Database Administrator (2005), My Blog, Twitter: @SQLCAN[/url].
    Microsoft FTE - SQL Server PFE

* Some time its the search that counts, not the finding...
    * I didn't think so, but if I was wrong, I was wrong. I'd rather do something, and make a mistake than be frightened and be doing nothing. :smooooth:[/font]

How to ask for help .. Read Best Practices here[/url].

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply