[Question] Conditional subscription/reporting is it possible

• Ok quick question

I've gotten a request to send a weekly overview of 1 of our custom reports,namely the one that tracks active directory "stuff"

The requirements are shipping date (aka when was this device put into use), last login date (and we need to have those that haven't had a login in more then 3 months) and all new records.

Now I'm not at a loss,I clearly remember seeing this before somewhere but I can't remember where.

Anyone know if this is possible and where I could find the documentation for it.

• Are you running enterprise? If I recall correctly Conditional/Dynamic subscriptions are only available on Enterprise, not standard.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Alternatively if data driven subscriptions aren't an option, you could do it via SSIS (bit of a faff to maintain though so would use this as last resort) - have a config table, then a script task running the report. Render as Excel, save in a temporary location, then attach it to an e-mail.

There is probably a better solution though...

• I've solved it by making a duplicate of the requested report with the filters they wanted.

• Think I misunderstood your question - sorry! Glad you got it sorted 🙂

• Resender (11/30/2015)

I've solved it by making a duplicate of the requested report with the filters they wanted.

Hmm, do you mean you created a second report? If your report could be subject to change, and you want them to be identical, you might be better off using parameters. Then you can set the filter to apply if a certain parameter(s) is selected. This means you don't have to do two version controls.

You can then set the subscriptions up to have different parameters, so that different distributions will show different data.

Of course, I might have completely missed the point of your question here, but if I'm on the right path, it's probably something to consider.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply