Query Performing slow when connections increase

• Hi Experts,

One of the query fetching some 30k records and doing an update is taking some seconds in the morning and the same query taking hours to complete in the afternoon. No blocking observed,no other jobs running on that server. The user connections have increase but the concurrent connection value is 0.

Please help

TIA

• First guess => http://sqlinthewild.co.za/index.php/2011/03/22/statistics-row-estimations-and-the-ascending-date-column

If that doesn't help, post the actual execution plan. Ideally the one when it's good and the bad one too.

• Thanks for the Reply ninja.

Its teh same query executing morning and afternoon

• Ratheesh.K.Nair (9/23/2011)

Thanks for the Reply ninja.

Its teh same query executing morning and afternoon

Please post both. The slow & fast version.

There's important info in those.

• Are you aware of "huge" data modifications? If they exists, update statistics should be run πŸ™‚

Regards,

Paulo Condeça.

• Netic (9/23/2011)

Are you aware of "huge" data modifications? If they exists, update statistics should be run πŸ™‚

Regards,

Paulo Condeça.

The plan would answer that question ;-).

• But if thats the case tehn it should not run fast next day morning right??

It is like everyday morning the query executes in seconds and in afternoon its taking hours..Actually its an SSIS package we executed the scripts under the same in query windows and the result was same.

• The size of the "touched" tables aren't the same during morning and night right ? πŸ™‚

• Ratheesh.K.Nair (9/23/2011)

But if thats the case tehn it should not run fast next day morning right??

It is like everyday morning the query executes in seconds and in afternoon its taking hours..Actually its an SSIS package we executed the scripts under the same in query windows and the result was same.

Did you read the article I linked to? This sounds like a classic case of that.

• Netic (9/23/2011)

The size of the "touched" tables aren't the same during morning and night right ? πŸ™‚

Maybe not but right now I'm assuming constant growth with varying speed, but without dumping of the data. Maybe I'm wrong here.

• Netic (9/23/2011)

The size of the "touched" tables aren't the same during morning and night right ? πŸ™‚

its the same table,same number or rows,same data..

• Ninja's_RGR'us (9/23/2011)

Netic (9/23/2011)

Maybe not but right now I'm assuming constant growth with varying speed, but without dumping of the data. Maybe I'm wrong here.

πŸ˜‰

• Ninja's_RGR'us (9/23/2011)

Ratheesh.K.Nair (9/23/2011)

But if thats the case tehn it should not run fast next day morning right??

Did you read the article I linked to? This sounds like a classic case of that.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply