Query Analizer and Templates

• Hi,

I am trying to use the build in template within Query Analizer. when I open query Analizer and click the Template tab, I can see all the folders but they are empty. However, when I navigate to the templates directory I can see all the templates exists in each folder with .tql extension. The template exists in the default location which is C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Templates\SQL Query Analyzer

In Query Analizer, I clicked Tools/Options and I made sure that the Template file directory sat to the path above.

How can I get all the templates show on the tree?

Thank you

• Also in Tools/Options, check to make sure the Template File Extension is set to "*.tql"  If not, change it to that and refresh the Object Browser pane.

• Hello,

I did check the template file extension and it is set to *.tql beside that I logon useing even sa account.

looking forward to hear from you

• It works on my pc, but I ahve them in a new folder... maybe you could move the template and hit refresh??

• I agree.  Create a temporary folder just as a test, then copy one of the template files into it.  Repoint Query Analyzer to that temp folder and refresh the pane.

• Thank you so much.  When I copy the Template Folder to the drive root and repoint the query analizer to the new location, the template will show up in the tree, but they will not show up if I copy the folder to any other location.

Still I don't understand why?

Again, Thank you kindly

• I don't either... but at least you have templates now .

• Query Analizer...heh

...too much pr0n on the brain.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply