Protect the sql server users to connect SQL database Using the SQL Enterprise manager or SQL Query analyzer.

• Hi All

How can I protect the sql server users to connect SQL database Using the SQL Enterprise manager or SQL Query analyzer?

I need users should connect sql  only the application software.?

Regards

Mathew

• Hi,

Some where i read in this forum, but i did't tried this one. You try this and if it works post in the forum

Go to the registry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\MICROSOFT SQL SERVER\80\TOOLS\SQLEW\REGISTERED SERVERS X

ADD PROPERTY_CRAFTED 'deny'

Ramaa

• Dear Rama

I need some users like sa and some application users have to connect sql server using SQL Query Analysier and other users do not connect the SQL Server using Query Analysier or EM.

I checked with your solutions and i did not find the entry 'REGISTERED SERVERS' in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\MICROSOFT SQL SERVER\80\TOOLS\SQLEW\REGISTERED SERVERS X

Regards

Mathew

• Better create an application role, and configure that role with the permisions you want.

Pankaj

Pankaj Khanna
    Database Administrator - SQL Server 2000

Keep hope to keep you intact...

• Dear pankaj

I also try to create a application role. But I face some problems they are:

1) I have sql users and I need to assign those users to this applicationrole . How can I assign users to this application role?

2) We are using a 3rd party application software. So I need to assign the application role fixed for sql users.

Pls advice how can I solve these issues

Regards

Mathew

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply