prompting for username and password while opening report server

• Hi,

Ssytem asking me to enter the username and password while opening the reportserver. The reporting service is installed in the server machine and i deployed my reports there. Now i'm opening those reports from my wegpage by forming the url like http://172.16.16.31/reportserver?/Matrix/report1. I set anonymous access to report server and reports virtual directory. Still its asking me the credentials.

Can you please help me how to solve this issue?.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please feel free to let me know if you are not clear or I’ve misunderstood anything.

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• What credentials is it asking you for, those to access the page/IIS or those to access your datasource? Could it be that your datasource did not specify credentials and so it's prompting you as the report loads? Are you getting 403 errors in your IIS log files or anything of the sort? What about your SQL log?

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Its asking for windows credential to access the virtual directory

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please feel free to let me know if you are not clear or I’ve misunderstood anything.

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• Have you granted browser or higher security (within the report manager site) to the users whom are using this report?

Thanks,

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Check your IIS directory security setting on the ReportServer virtual directory.

If Anonymous is not allowed, then you will be getting the authentication request.

• Thanks Ken.. I solved my issue by changing iis Authentication methods

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• Jack.. Thanks a lot.. I'll try it and let you know. thanks for your great effort Jack

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• In chrome also its not looking good. Is there any solution for that. Its not good for me to ask a client to use only IE.

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• Thanks Ken.. I solved my issue by changing iis Authentication methods

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• Jack.. Thanks a lot.. I'll try it and let you know. thanks for your great effort Jack

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply