Project plan for MS SQL server 2005

• This is my first DBA job and my previous job title was Software Engineer so guess you'll see why I'm looking for a decent Project Plan (in any format) for moving from SQL Server 2000 to a SQL Server 2005 environment. I welcome articles that discuss clustering and testing, but I'm really looking for a Project Plan (Tasks, Duration, Resource, etc).

Thanks,

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• There is a project plan for deploying SQL Server 2005 on the Microsoft Partner site.  You have to sign up to be a partner in order to access the content:

https://partner.microsoft.com/global/productssolutions/projectguides/40022156

This Project Guide shows how to deploy the SQL Server 2005 database server in small and midsize organizations. This project helps you prepare to deliver additional service offerings such as building or migrating custom applications, deploying line-of-business products, or implementing business intelligence solutions.

It comes with a series of documents containing walkthroughs for each project role, and a Project (.MPP) file with all the necessary steps, as well.

It'll get you started, anyway!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply