Profiler Trace is not showing any activity

• Hi there,

I am running SQL Server 2005 Developer edition and I just wanted to capture "Security Audits" in SQL profiler.

I have selected the right events but when I add any LOGIN/USER or change ROLE, The trace does not capture this event.

The trace does not even show any row in profiler.

What could be the reason of this?

Thanks,

Data Sheet

• I'm not sure. Do you have any filters in place that might prevent the event from being captured?

I've never tried this before, but I just set "Audit Add Login to Server Event", "Audit Add DB User Event", and "Audit Add Member to DB Roll Event" with just a default set of columns and no filters. I got the following results:

Audit Add DB User Event  Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio fritcheyg CORP\fritcheyg     5760 56 2007-04-25 12:31:38.510   

Audit Add Member to DB Role Event  Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio fritcheyg CORP\fritcheyg     5760 56 2007-04-25 12:31:39.337   

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Hi Grant,

I will check the filter. Is there anyway we can see the actual command i.e CREATE LOGIN in the event capturing?

Data Sheet

• It wasn't in the Audit event, no. But it was in the TSQL batch that immediately followed it.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• I finally got it to work. it seems like if you check "Exclude if there is no data" option, then nothing showed up.

Thanks,

Data Sheet

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply