Proclarity Grand Total not calculated correctly

• Hi Anyone,

I have a problem in proclarity front end application. It does not calculate the subtotals correctly in some of the columns. See example below:

Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4

Row1 0.02 1 2.1 0.1

Row2 1.78 1 2.3 0.2

--------------------------------------

Total 0.01 2 4.4 0.2

Surely when summing rows for col1 you should get 1.8 not as displayed above. Has anuone worked with Proclarity before?

Thanks,

What you don't know won't hurt you but what you know will make you plan to know better
  • Sorry I can remember, its years since last using ProClarity in anger. There used to be an issue with using subtotals when a filter has been applied. Are you uusing any filters or subtotals?

Regards,

Mark Elleray

• duda (3/26/2009)

Hi Anyone,

I have a problem in proclarity front end application. It does not calculate the subtotals correctly in some of the columns. See example below:

Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4

Row1 0.02 1 2.1 0.1

Row2 1.78 1 2.3 0.2

Total 0.01 2 4.4 0.2

Surely when summing rows for col1 you should get 1.8 not as displayed above. Has anuone worked with Proclarity before?

Thanks,

Doesn't it depend on the measure?

If the measure is an average or a rate then you would hope to see an overall rate, not the sum of the rows. However, the value of 0.01 seems to be including data not displayed above, because its lower than the lowest record.

• Thanks for an update everyone. This was an issue with Proclarity and there's a hotfix update that neeeds to be implemented for this fix.

What you don't know won't hurt you but what you know will make you plan to know better
  • What is the Hot fix? Can you give some more info On this?

• Check this site for more updates:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942162/en-us

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply