Problem:Stored Procedure in crystal report

• Hello,

I created the stored proc in sql server. Now I want to use it in my crystal reports.So while connecting to the database using wizard my stored proc is not displayed in the list. The connection type is OLEDB.

What can be the problem?

• there's a decent thread on stack overflow that gives examples and links; note the first answer about REF CURSOR is for oracle...ignore that.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/552613/how-to-call-storedprocedure-from-crystalreport

probably relevant for you:

Try Database Expert -> (left tree)Current Connections -> Add Command

In Add Command To Report screen input something like:

EXEC dbo.StoredProcedure (param1, param2 ...)

In the same screen you can specify parameters for this query.

As a result, new data source, based at the query command, will be created. You can use it as an ordinary data source and place values of fields in the report area.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Also make sure you created the SP on the correct schema and that it has the right permissions for the Crystal logon\user.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply