Problems to read an MDB file in a Windows 2003 Server 64-bit.

• Hi guys,

I need to open and to read a mdb file that is in a Windows 2003 Server 64-bit. But an error message shows when I try to do this.

"The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine."

I've read that this operation is impossible, but I found a file called odbcad32.exe that contains the ODBC drivers for 32-bit. How can I access open/read an MDB File?

Ps. I can execute de task when I open the package in my computer. But the problem happens just when I schedule the Task in the Server.

• rfugikawa (1/20/2009)

Hi guys,

I need to open and to read a mdb file that is in a Windows 2003 Server 64-bit. But an error message shows when I try to do this.

"The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine."

I've read that this operation is impossible, but I found a file called odbcad32.exe that contains the ODBC drivers for 32-bit. How can I access open/read an MDB File?

Ps. I can execute de task when I open the package in my computer. But the problem happens just when I schedule the Task in the Server.

You have to execute your package in 32bit mode because the driver is available only in 32bit mode. In SQL 2005, this is accomplished by selecting the DTEXEC from "Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn" folder. Use "OS Execute Process" job step, which allows DTEXEC selection.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• rfugikawa (1/20/2009)

Hi guys,

Install Microsoft Active X Data objects 2.8

you can get it from microsoft website

kshitij kumar
    kshitij@krayknot.com
    www.krayknot.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply