problem with ssas 2008 in 64 bit server

• Hi,

i've a problem with processing dimension in ssas 2008.

im taking the data from oracle and im using ole db provider for oracle data source. when i deploy datasource and datasourceview its ok. And also when i explore data from datasourceview i can see the data from oracle.

when i create a dimension and process it, it gives me the errors that below;

OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: %1 is not a valid Win32 application..

Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of ‘X’, Name of 'X'.

Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Y', Name of 'Y' was being processed.

Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Y ID' attribute of the 'Y' dimension from the 'test' database was being processed.

Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.

Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.

Server: The operation has been cancelled.

The information about the system is;

system:windows 2008 64 bit

sql server 2008

Oracle Client;11.2.0.1.0

Database;11 g enterprise edition release 11.1.0.7.0 64 bit production

And also when i tried the other providers for oracle only the first problem changed (like ..not registered), the other problems were same..

i found sth about to change the path of analysis studio which is Program Files (X86) as Program Filesx86 (because of brackets) but it didnt work for me.

its really urgent for me to fix this.

thanks in advance..

• isn't there anyone that know this?

• Hi,

i've a problem with processing dimension in ssas 2008.

im taking the data from oracle and im using ole db provider for oracle data source. when i deploy datasource and datasourceview its ok. And also when i explore data from datasourceview i can see the data from oracle.

when i create a dimension and process it, it gives me the errors that below;

Mercedes Benz ML320 Parts

• Do you have the 32-bit version of Oracle Client 11g R2 installed or the 64-bit? Are you able to establish a connection to the Oracle server from Windows 2008 using the SQL Plus utility that comes with the Oracle Client?

When it comes to the 32-bit and 64-bit clients, I can tell you that I've had better luck with 11g R1 when using 32-bit.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply