Problem with SQL Service Manager

• hey

my sql service manager automatically stops the service of sql server and then started it again, any body knows what to do, and why is that so. thanks

Waqas Younis

• Do you have the "auto-start service when os starts" option checked ?!

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• Also - how many named instances do you have ? Since there is one SQL Server service for each instance of SQL Server running on the computer.....

BOL also has notes on how to set the "polling interval" OR the "verify service control action"...

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• Does this happen regularly, or was it just a one time thing?  Take a look at your SQL Server Agent logs from Enterprise manager and Open log Archive#1 and you should be able to get an idea what happened.  If you see a message at the end of the log that says: "SQL Server terminating because of system shutdown..  " then someone rebooted the server.  When using SQL Server 7 I also have seen instances where I'd get a memory overflow or something went haywire and SQL Server would reset itself automatically.  Another place to look is in the server event logs.  They may be able to tell you what was going on at the time the shutdown took place.

If it's a regular occurance, go to Control Panel and check to see if someone set up a scheduled task to restart SQL Server.  Hope this helps. 

My hovercraft is full of eels.

• hey

thanks everyone, i overcome to this, but have another problem, its about running different transactions on server from client computers. if someone do some query or get report from server and quit that program or even shut down his pc, but the query still there in server processes, and sometimes it is running as the originally runs by users.

it happens several times, and i test it too. i asked developers that they properly close connections in their program ending, they r positive. tell me what i do or what i check. c u

Waqas Younis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply