Problem with restoring differential backup

• Hi,

I am facing the same problem as my other friends in this forum but none of the answer has helped me.

I am using sql server 2000 stand. I setting a backup strategy like this one full backup in every morning (8 am) and one full backup in every night(1:00 am). differential backup at every one minute ( this job stops at 12:59 am) and i am tranfering all this to my backup server. All these i am implemented on yesterday and was working fine. but today i trying to restore my full backup in the todays moring with the differential backup i am getting an error

Cannot apply the backup on device 'd:\abcd\diff' to database 'TEST' restore database is terminated abnormally

please help

Anoop

• Anoop, can you ensure if all the backups are closed properly.

The backups become inconsistent if you shutdown or abort the DB using the shutdown/abort command.

I'm afraid, the backup should be inconsistent in this case..

Probably resetlogs would help to fix it..

Get busy living ....or get busy dying....

• Umm... Is this a typo???

You're doing a differential every 1 minute?  It seems that maybe you should be using some other mechanism to provide the backup you're lokoing for.. We do a differential here every hour but if I needed to do it that often, I'd start looking into replication.

• Hii

Thank u every body the problem has been solved. it was my mistake there was a latest backup other than what i was trying to restore

Thank u

Anoop

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply